In trying to come up with my fave action heroines, I encountered the following issues:
- I knew for a fact that Jennifer Garner as Elektra would not be on the list
- Impossible to narrow it down to one fave
So, I have narrowed it down to my top 3. In no particular order, they are:
1. Milla Jovovich in Resident Evil. I canâ€™t say that I care for any other movies she has done, but I love her in the Resident Evil movies, specifically the second one. How awesome is it when she busts into that church and kicks some ass. Iâ€™ll tell you how cool. Itâ€™s crap your pants cool.
2. Kate Beckinsale in Underworld. Sweet outfit, and that scene where she spins in a circle and shoots the floor â€“ too cool. Definitely crap your pants worthy.
3. Sarah Michelle Gellar in Buffy. How embarrassing it must be to be Kristy Swanson right now. I mean, seriously, SMG makes her look like such a hack. The coolness of Buffy is really just endless. From being a snappy dresser, to her witty one-liners to her sexy dance with Faith in that one episode. Buffy has infinity cool points. And did you know that Katie Holmes was originally cast in this role? Talk about major suckage.
What’s great about these 3 is that they somehow managed to escape the typical closet full of white tank tops and khakis that seem to define action heroines.
The worst action heroine?
Jennifer Garner as Elektra. What a disappointment. Youâ€™d think that the people that made the movie never even looked at the comic! Just the lack of ta-tas alone is a major turn-off. I was collecting the Marvel Knights Elektra series when this hack of a movie came out. And newsflash, Elektra is supposed to be sexy, and Jennifer Garner didnâ€™t have the body to pull off – I cite any issue of the comic for reference. And the hair â€“ the hair was all wrong! I call shenanigans on Jennifer Garner as Elektra. I mean, this is as bad as Katie Holmes being Buffy. I shudder to think of it.