I got an email about a screenwriting Master Class that is going on in June. If you are interested though you will want to sign up soon as attendance is limited to 100 people.
Here is the info:
Storylink & The Writer’s Store
His unique approach to creating compelling screenplays and novels
9am â€“ 12:30pm
Burbank Marriott Hotel & Convention Center
2500 N Hollywood Way
Burbank, CA 91505
(directly across from the Burbank Airport)
so make your reservations soon for this outstanding session!
* The primary goal of all stories
* The five turning points of a well-structured plot
* The essential conflict all characters must face
* The single key to creating character arc and theme
* Creating unique, believable and fulfilling love stories
* Adapting novels to film
ABOUT THE INSTRUCTOR
Michael Hague, author of Writing Screenplays That Sell and Selling Your Story in 60 Seconds: The Guaranteed Way to Get Your Screenplay or Novel Read, is a story consultant and lecturer who works with filmmakers and executives on their screenplays, film projects and development skills. He has coached writers, producers, stars and directors on projects for Will Smith, Julia Roberts, Jennifer Lopez, Kirsten Dunst, Charlize Theron and Morgan Freeman, as well as for every major studio and network.
SPECIAL DISCOUNT FOR INFOLIST.com!!
Click on the special button for INFOLIST.com at the link below no later than Friday, May 16th, 2008, and get $51 OFF!! That’s just $99 (normally $150) for this informative master class!
PLUS – purchase ANY items that include a hotel room by Friday, May 16th, and you get one FREE script coverage ($150 Value!) courtesy of the Script Department, which provides coverage for all the major studios and independents, and often matches writers and their scripts with production companies and agents for further development.
To get your discount, scroll to the bottom of the page and be sure to purchase your session by clicking the button marked INFOLIST Promotion â€“ Michael Hague when you visit:
To get your FREE script coverage (ONLY if you purchase ANY items that include a hotel room by Friday, May 16th, 2008), be sure to mention INFOLIST.com, and email your name and the name of the item you purchased which includes the hotel room to:
The Great American PitchFest will respond with further instructions to arrange your free script coverage.
The Great American PitchFest is a two-day screenwriting conference, and one-day pitchfest which takes place at the Burbank Marriott Hotel & Convention Center, June 20-22, 2008. It was started by a group of writers to help other writers meet the people they need to know for their careers to move forward. More than 30 free classes on screenwriting will be presented by legends such as:
* Michael Hauge (Author, ‘Selling Your Story in 60 Seconds’)
* Syd Field (Author, ‘Screenplay’, ‘The Screenwriter’s Workbook’)
* Blake Snyder (Screenwriter & Author, ‘Save The Cat’)
* Karl Iglesias (Author, ‘The 101 Habits of Highly Successful Screenwriters’)
* Chris Soth (Founder, ‘Hollywood By Phone’ & ‘Million Dollar Screenwriting’)
* Julie Gray (www.thescriptdepartment.com)
* Bill True (Screenwriter, Filmmaker)
* Dr. Linda Seger (Author, ‘Making Good Scripts Great’)
* Viki King (Author, ‘How To Write A Movie in 21 Days)
* Ellen Sandler (Emmy Nominee & Co-Exec Producer, ‘Everybody Loves Raymond’)
* Mark Litwak (Attorney & Author, ‘Contracts For the Film & Television Industry’)
* Stephanie Palmer (Script Consultant & Author, ‘Good In A Room’)
* Steve Kaire (The Pitch King)
* Kathie Fong Yoneda (Former Exec with Disney & Author, ‘The Script Selling Game’)
* Monika Skerbelis & Rona Edwards (Former Studio Execs â€“ 20th Century Fox, Universal)
* And many more!
You can also pitch your screenplay to approximately 100 film/television executives and agents. More than 50 writers have had their projects optioned, been hired for writing assignments, or have signed with agents or managers. Visit www.pitchfest.com for more details!